Again: Recording Resolume Output via Spout on Windows 10

Home Forums Spout Support Again: Recording Resolume Output via Spout on Windows 10

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  yeay 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

yeay
    Participant

Hey there!

I already saw some posts about recording a Resolume-output on Windows via Spout and I did a lot of research – but I really don’t get it, so I bring it up again, probably for the 100th time – sorry!

My issue is the following:

I got Resolume Avenue 6 on a Windows-based laptop. I’m a musician and completly new to visual/video stuff, so it took me a while to find out that Resolume doesn’t just spit out a video but is actually set up for live performance (the built-in recording function is actually not made for video-production, kind of confusing…)

I want to record the output from Resolume to create a video for my music. I read that Syphon can do this, but only for Mac. Now I got Spout2 and I managed to see the Resolume-output on the reciever, but that’s all I can do for now. How can I record it?

Some help/instruction would be really welcome here!! Thanks 🙂

leadedge
    Keymaster

Unfortunately still, nobody has created a Spout movie export program equivalent to Syphon recorder.

I understand that Resolume will create relatively short clips but is not designed for recording long movies. Spout might help you to connect with another program that does export longer sequences, such as Magic, Isadora or TouchDesigner.

Or you can try screen capture solutions. Or use an HDMI capture card to record the display output on another computer.

yeay
    Participant

Alright, maybe I’ll see further into one of options you gave me, but still sounds kind of complicated! Thanks! 🙂

leadedge
    Keymaster

Yes the capture card solution might not be the one for you. A low cost one could be Magic Music Visuals. The demo version could have the recording option you could try and should be quite straightforward.

Edit : I just checked Magic and it’s not straightforward for Spout input! The help document explains that movies are not exported in real-time.

I don’t have time right now to explore it, but I believe that OBS records video. The only Spout input is via webcam which will limit the resolution but you can use NDI output from Resolume into OBS.

Otherwise you might try Fraps and see how that goes.

leadedge
    Keymaster

Just now a program by Mathieu Jacques that could do the job for you. Give it a try.

http://spout.zeal.co/forums/topic/spout-recorder-3/

yeay
    Participant

Alright, thanks a lot!! I’m gonna see in the Lightjams Recorder, it seems like the programm I’ve been looking for! Greets 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.