Change SpoutCam Settings through a config file

Home Forums Spout Developer Change SpoutCam Settings through a config file

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  leadedge 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

sano
    Participant

Hello there,
    Hope you’re having a great day and thank you for checking out my post,

I am developing a software that requires controlling some of SpoutCam’s parameters dynamically for the starting resolution, FPS, Spout settings Options (DirectX, Buffer) and Spout settings Share mode (Texture, CPU, Memory) only.
    For example: My program generates a config.txt file then a spout-txt-reader program reads the txt file then changes SpoutCam.exe and SpoutSettings.exe options (Those are available in the Spout folder that you can download).
    This spout-txt-reader program should be a command-line program, because I’d like to run it as a process in the background.

Any kind of help would be very appreciated,
    Thank you for your time.

• This topic was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  sano.

leadedge
    Keymaster

You can certainly make a command line program to do this by modifying the DWORD registry keys you are interested in. You will find them in :

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Leading Edge\Spout
    and
    Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Leading Edge\SpoutCam

For SpoutCam the values are :

resolution
    0 – sender
    1 – 320×240
    2 – 640×360
    3 – 640×480 (default if no sender)
    4 – 800×600
    5 – 1024×720
    6 – 1024×768
    7 – 1280×720
    8 – 1280×960
    9 – 1280×1024
    10 – 1920×1080

fps
    0 – 10
    1 – 15
    2 – 25
    3 – 30
    4 – 50
    5 – 60 (default)

sano
    Participant

Thank you so much man, yes indeed I made a c++ program to edit the registries and things are working like charm.

leadedge
    Keymaster

That’s good to know.

If you want to to explore the latest version of SpoutCam, the GitHub Beta branch has both 32 and 64 bit versions and registration via SpoutCamSettings (https://github.com/leadedge/Spout2/tree/beta). This will only work on a 64 bit system.

You might need to un-install Spout first so that the registration does not get mixed up, and un-register SpoutCam before installing Spout again.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.