Integrated Intel GPU

Home Forums Spout Support Integrated Intel GPU

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  leadedge 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

matkainc
    Participant

Hi, thanks for your great work, I just bought new laptop with Geforce GTX 780M and Intel HDGraphics 4600, I’m trying to send vvvv to Resolume but Spout says my hardware is not compatible bacause it doesn’t support DXInterop extensions, limited to memory share mode. Is there any workaround or shall i go and get new computer? Please give me some good news, thank you

leadedge
    Keymaster

I am sorry to say that if your computer has Optimus switching graphics the interop extensions will probably not work.

To confirm this, get the most recent demo sender/receiver here :

http://spout.zeal.co/forums/topic/update-16-05-14/

Run the sender and Help->System capabilities and hit the COPY button. Paste the output here.

There is a possibility you can disable the Intel graphics in the BIOS as explained here :

http://spout.zeal.co/forums/topic/nvidia-optimus/#post-404

You could also help by posting your system details here :

http://spout.zeal.co/forums/topic/supported-video-cards-a-user-based-listing/

If you are going to go to the extent of buying a new computer, I would suggest trying the Spout demo sender/receiver on the machine you intend to purchase. The diagnostics will show whether it will work or not. But I am afraid that Optimus technology is a problem.

matkainc
    Participant

Thanks for your help,
    sender and receiver seems to be working

Spout Sender – 32bit
    Compatible hardware
    NV_DX_interop extensions supported
    but wglDXOpenDeviceNV failed to load
    Limited to memory share mode

spout receiver in Resolume works, only having problems receiving vvvv
    greets

matkainc
    Participant

Texture in vvvv is not shared, even if started with the “/dx9ex” command line option. Hope this helps.

leadedge
    Keymaster

Sorry to say that VVVV will not receive in memoryshare, but only DirectX texture.

matkainc
    Participant

so vvvv cannot send texture out neither?

leadedge
    Keymaster

I made a mistake in my earlier post, I had receiving and sending mixed up. The example VVVV patch is a “sender” and is based on the original one that Elio wrote :

http://vvvv.org/contribution/directx-freeframegl-bridge

The way this works is that VVVV sets up a shared directx texture, and a shared memory structure that can be detected by a receiver, so that the receiver can access the directx texture. This depends on compatible NVIDIA hardware for the texture sharing to work.

There is a second demo patch “..\Spout\VVVV\spoutcamIn.v4p” which opens “SpoutCam” as a webcam within VVVV and if SpoutReceiver works in Resolume, this should as well.

Test SpoutCam with a webcam host program like YawCam or VLC. If you can pick up the demo sender with SpoutCam, then you should be able to open it within VVVV.

matkainc
    Participant

All this works, I can get your sender to vlc, even to vvvv (spoutcamIn), still not any luck getiing vvvv (Spout Demo) into Resolume, seems Spout doesn’t recognize vvvv renderer as sender. Hope there’s a solution for that.

leadedge
    Keymaster

Your Optimus graphics machine reports :

but wglDXOpenDeviceNV failed to load

This means that although the required OpenGL extensions are available, they do not function, which is a known problem for Optimus graphics. So the Spout receivers will not work in texture share mode and the texture sharing patch for VVVV will not be be received.

At this stage there is no solution but I am investigating the problem.

matkainc
    Participant

Ok clear, thanks and good luck

matkainc
    Participant

got fresh drivers from nvidia, looks like an improvement
    Spout Sender – 32bit
    Compatible hardware
    Interop load successful
    Texture sharing mode available
    FBO blit available

sender ok but when i try to open reciever it crashes

leadedge
    Keymaster

Just noted here too. Not out of the woods yet. Looking into it.

matkainc
    Participant

Fingers crossed, btw SpoutCam crashes Skype, VLC is ok

leadedge
    Keymaster

Yes – Skype does not like virtual cameras generally. You can get a situation where you can’t disable SpoutCam as a Skype device without un-installing Skype. I looked into it but I don’t know where to start to fix this at the SpoutCam side.

Optimus / texture share is half working. Still a problem with the driver I think.

matkainc
    Participant

Skype is not really important, just wanted to let you know

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.