Rekordbox video output via Spout help!

Home Forums Spout Support Rekordbox video output via Spout help!

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  leadedge 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

djb3rn
    Participant

Hi all,
    has anyone managed to successfully output the video signal in rekordbox dj to resolume on PC using Spout to NDI?

I’m reading that rekordbox on MAC has Syphon out, however thats no good to me as I am a PC user..

Any help greatly appreciated!

leadedge
    Keymaster

It’s really in the hands of the Rekordbox developers. A quick browse of their forum shows that the question has been asked before but they don’t have any plans. In the absence of a Spout screen capture application the only thing going is the Newtek NDI Scan Converter application. Then you can receive into Resolume directly since it supports NDI sources.

djb3rn
    Participant

Ive tried the NDI Scan Converter, but its not really what I need 🙁
    I have however initiated Spout to NDI and it actually does come up with the Rekordbox DJ output in the selectable items in the menu box in the Spout to NDI window alongside the resolution its pushing out also. The NDI receiver in Resolume see’s it, but there is actually no picture sent out 🙁 So I just get a blank window.

Any clue as to why this would be? Or even a fix for it? I would much rather use Spout to send and also to receive in resolume with the FFGL plugins 🙂

Thanks again.

leadedge
    Keymaster

Yes this is not an ideal solution. I looked briefly at whether a plugin could be made for Rekordbox but it doesn’t seem to have any that I can see. Please let me know if there is any plugin support.

I assume you have scan-converter working if it shows up in the NDI-Spout window. If so, the NDI source should show up in Resolume as well as the Spout source and you should get an image with it.

To find out why you are getting a black window, first run the NDI studio-monitor – do you see the Rekordbox source listed and do you get an image? Do the Spout demo sender/receiver work together? If you open “SpoutDXmode” is Texture mode working OK, or do you need to use CPU or Memory modes?

djb3rn
    Participant

Yes, the scan converter works fine and it shows up in the NDI-Spout window and can be selected 🙂 And yes it receives fine in Resolume as an input source, that all works flawlessly 🙂

When I fire up rekordbox and spout to ndi and ndi studio monitor I am able to select “rekordbox_output” however in the studio monitor all I get is a black screen 🙁
    The Spout demo works fine also in all texture, cpu and memory mode… I am able to select the rekordbox_output in the spout receiver, but it also displays a black screen 🙁 It is saying that is is using Direct X9, should I be somehow making that run on the latest version?

leadedge
    Keymaster

I am a little confused here and I am not sure what is going on.

“rekordbox_output” must be coming from the scan-converter application. So remove Spout from the equation altogether. Select Rekordbox with the scan-converter and open studio-monitor. You should find and see the Recordbox window capture output. If so, you should be able to see it in Resolume as well.

djb3rn
    Participant

OK so its actually the scan converter that is useless to me. When running rekordbox dj with video out the only app that will detect it is Spout To NDI. The ndi signal is sent out and i can view it in resolume and studio monitor, but as I said all I an getting is a black screen and not the image/graphics that rekordbox is outputting 🙁

The ‘rekordbox_output’ is what is detected in the Spout To NDI app. Which makes me think, if thats the case does that mean that the Windows version of rekordbox does have a spout output built in, just not selectable?
    Nonetheless, I still only get just a black screen and no image 🙁

leadedge
    Keymaster

I have not installed Rekordbox, so I don’t know what the “video out” option is. But it should not be producing any NDI output at all unless Rekordbox is experimenting with NDI and producing a “Sender” called “rekordbox_output” but not producing any output.

I installed the latest NDI 3.5 tools but for some reason the scan converter application is missing, so I can’t set up a situation to test this.

So let’s go back to the scan converter. If you select some other application window, does it give “xxxx_output”, where xxxx is the application name? Do you receive the application output in Resolume? That way you might be able to narrow the problem down to Rekordbox.

Let’s look at what you find, but if you genuinely can’t use scan-converter to produce an output from Rekordboax that is received by studio-monitor, this is probably an issue for both Rekordbox and NDI.

P.S.
    If they are experimenting with Spout you won’t see the output in any NDI receiver (ie. studio-monitor), which makes me think they are experimenting with NDI.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  leadedge.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  leadedge.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.