ShaderLoader

Home Forums Spout Announcements ShaderLoader

This topic contains 29 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  leadedge 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

franco
    Participant

Thanks. I will try to give you some more feedback in a couple of hours.
    Dlls generated as debug or release are detected and working on resolume, same system has visual studio 2013 installed.
    No one error on build.
    I tryed the same files on a clean windows 7, with visual runtimes 2013, and another one with runtimes provided by vvvv installation. No detection in booth cases.
    I will try your recommendations. Pretty useful/valuable data about inputs and print statements!

franco
    Participant

Well, not working but some advance.
    I forgot to mention that when I open a solution, visual tell me that line endings are not consistent. Ask me about normalize it, tryed booth ways (as is, or normalizing Windows CR LF).
    So, I’m trying to build just a simple sharpener, and I’ve setted up the inputs 1-2 (to host it as filter. Is right to use 2 input max textures or just 1 is ok?).
    If I change the code generation to /MT, gives me the following errors at build.

Error 1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __CrtDbgReportW referenced in function “void __cdecl std::_Debug_message(wchar_t const *,wchar_t const *,unsigned int)” (?_Debug_message@std@@YAXPB_W0I@Z)
    C:\Users\User\Desktop\ShaderLoader\ShaderMaker-1.0.0_Sharpen\libcpmtd.lib(stdthrow.obj) ShaderMaker

Error 2 error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
    C:\Users\User\Desktop\ShaderLoader\ShaderMaker-1.0.0_Sharpen\Release\ShaderMaker.dll ShaderMaker

I will try to uncomment the console prints.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by  franco.

leadedge
    Keymaster

I have had similar problems. The line endings prompt happens regularly and I just say yes.

Assuming you are compiling release, look at your Preprocessor definitions There might be “_DEBUG” in there.

Properties > C/C++ > Preprocessor

WIN32
    NDEBUG
    _WINDOWS
    _USRDLL
    SHADERMAKER_EXPORTS

Inherited values
    _WINDLL
    _MBCS

If your plugin uses one texture you can set MaxInputs to 1 or 2, it won’t affect your plugin. But if you only use one, it is best to set max to 1 so that the host does not expect to provide more than one texture.

franco
    Participant

I’ve tryed with that one, it worked!!
    Tomorrow I will rebuild the others.
    Excuse my ingorance about vb. Is this some knowledge anyone who manage visual already have, or is project related and we need to explain it for everyone?

leadedge
    Keymaster

I will need to look at the solution file for ShaderMaker on GitHub. It works OK as-is but may not if things are changed.

franco
    Participant

Well, I didn’t change anything if that’s your are supposing. Tried with the download ‘as-is’ enabling the included demos. That’s why I tried later with a pretty simple sharpen code (to know exactly what’s doing the code I’ve pasted).
    Worked as-is from the first time, on the same windows installation (even with the strdup and sprintf errors at build).
    I just noticed this last thing (not detection) when I’ve tried to copy and run some released ffgl to another computer.
    Btw, I’m not so dumb as my english. So, tell me if I need to explain me in a better way 😉

leadedge
    Keymaster

No I think the _DEBUG error could be in release section the project file on GitHub. I just looked and it is, so I will correct that. But I think there could be something else going on. It could be differences between Visual Studio versions but I am just guessing.

The strdup and sprintf errors are in the FFGL SDK code. I don’t bother with them. I have not checked thoroughly but I note that the size of the strings is checked within some of the FFGL functions.

As long as you get a stable project build and can make what you want, it should be enough. But if you can’t build your project, let me now and we can look at it some more.

Don’t worry your English is fine. I might mis-understand now and then but we can work that out.

franco
    Participant

To be clear: just setting up /MT and NDEBUG is all working smooth.
    I’ve made several copies of the downloaded project to stay myself clear, and is working as expected.
    I think you’re right in differencies between VS versions.

green pattern
    Participant

Hello.
    amazing stuff I’ve tested for a week now and its incredible.
    Main issue I’d like to point out and its quite a big one.
    Basically you cannot save in resolume different shader loaders in cells.
    let me explain; for instance if I save a file with on layer one lets say 5 shader loaders with different setting and different shaders works fine but if you save your project and load it again all shader are set back to the lastest one you were playing with. Without that it makes it hard to make a live set using them, you would need a piece of paper and spend 20 min fixing all the shader loaders setting them to the correct files.

Thanks again for that gift it truly opens new doors

leadedge
    Keymaster

This happens because when you use the “Select” button, the shader name is not written to the name entry field, because there is no way for a plugin to do that. So when a composition is saved there is no name and the last one loaded is used.

If you enter the full path filename of the shader in the name field, the composition will then record it and it will be recalled when the composition is opened again, so you can have as many instances as you like, each with a different shader.

More is explained in the “Shader entry” section of the Shaderloader pdf.

green pattern
    Participant

waw cool, thx, ok, sorry I should open my eyes never even saw the pdf lol.
    sorted, this and touch designer give a lot to explore.

franco
    Participant

Not here, come back to moronland, please!

leadedge
    Keymaster

Not here, come back to moronland, please!

Spam post removed. Thanks to Franco for the heads up. No reference to green pattern’s post!

green pattern
    Participant

Hello , me again, How can we get that working on resolume on a MAC? or hackintosh if you perfer

leadedge
    Keymaster

For OSX you would need some program that has support for shaders and uses Syphon.

Maybe “Magic” : https://magicmusicvisuals.com

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.