Spout for Blender

Home Forums Spout Announcements Spout for Blender

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  maybites 8 hours, 44 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

leadedge
    Keymaster

Spout for Blender

Martin Froelich, co-author of the Spout Processing library, has just finished a Spout plugin for Blender, the open source 3D creation suite. It makes use of the Spout for Python library developed by Ryan Walker. A collaboration of open source projects which is inspiring to see.

toastbrot
    Participant

wow cool.
    danke martin und gruess.ivo

lisandroperalta
    Participant

Hey guys! This is awesome, I waited for this for sooo long.
    I’ve tried to install it but I gives me an error , you can see it here
    I’ve followed all the instructions, What am I missing?
    Thanks in advance!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/64tjglppo7ofnyp/Captura%20de%20pantalla%202019-03-14%2018.45.50.png?dl=0

maybites
    Participant

@lisandroperalta:

which blender do you have? I have tested it on three different machines and didn’t have any issues

can you remove these lines at the beginning of the __init__.py script?:

from rna_prop_ui import PropertyPanel
    from bl_operators.presets import PresetMenu

I think they are leftovers from my copy and paste efforts..

lisandroperalta
    Participant

hey @maybites

thanks for the answer

I’ve tried on an few weeks old blender 2.8 and a 2019-03-14 compile with no luck

I’ve commented the lines you said and got another new error

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i9dj2avcb1odpmr/Captura%20de%20pantalla%202019-03-20%2018.50.41.png?dl=0

line 33 refers to spoutsdk

I have Windows 10 64bits Single Languaje , Spanish.

maybites
    Participant

do you have a 64 bit blender installed?
    is the SpoutSDK.pyd file inside a modules folder?

sunshine
    Participant

Hello maybites

I get exactly the same error message, lisandroperalta posted first.

blender 2.80 latest build 2019-03-21
    Windows 10 64bit

maybites
    Participant

I updated the addon and removed the unnecessary lines. I tried to reproduce your issues, but I was unable to.

all I can say: stick to the instructions and cross your fingers..

lisandroperalta
    Participant

Hey @maybites! I’ve downloaded your new code and it didnt worked, BUT, Ive downloaded again the Python SpoutSDK file and it worked!
    Looks so good!
    Any chance that suports eevee in the future?

Maybe, @sunshie , you should try downloading everythin again? (Maybe a corrupted download?)

Thanks again mate for everything!

sunshine
    Participant

It runs like a charm!
    great job

Thanks

maybites
    Participant

yeah, hopefully it will work with EEVEE. There is that bug
    with nvidia cards. it actually works on my bootcamp on a macbook pro with an amd gfx card…

if you know a developer at the blender institute to plead our plight..

nyom
    Participant

First up! WOW!

I’m pretty new to that VJ topic thing but a blender user since years and this tool is just epic, thank you so much.

The installation went for me quite epic… no python style errors everything is fine. I just got one Problem. The Spout-Receiver finds the source of the blender image, but the video input just stays black.
    I tried evee/workbench-render, setting up more lights to enlight my scene, change the overall background from black to whatever, tryed nearly every spout settingconfiguration (dx9, internalgraka, share memory cpu or whatever)….
    Spout itslef always worked, so the sender programm was always correctly received by the receiverprogramm.

I got a geforce mx150 and the newest version of blender.

On the picture that i attach i’m in workbench renderer but yeah as you see there is nothing.
    https://ibb.co/MV1bXdf

Maybe i missed something so simple… Any help is appreciated šŸ™‚

maybites
    Participant

which blender version do you have? there is an issue with the latest beta: (https://github.com/maybites/blender.script.spout/issues/3)

nyom
    Participant

Hey maybites,

yeah i got the newest version so the one from the 24.05.2019. And i tryed an older version and yeah there it works but just in workbench renderer not in evee. Is this related to the nvidia gfx thingy?

Thank you very much.
    Maybe you got a version from may 15th or so? Couldn’t find any former blender 2.8 beta release on the net. šŸ™

maybites
    Participant

And i tryed an older version and yeah there it works but just in workbench renderer not in evee. Is this related to the nvidia gfx thingy?

this is a bug, but at least I got the promise from the eevee developer to have it fixed until release (it is bumped up to highest priority now)

but blender is still beta and they must have additionally made some API changes. so the plugin is broken for the time being if you use it with a blender 2.80 fresher than 2019-05-12.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.