Spout for directx11

Home Forums Spout Support Spout for directx11

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  leadedge 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

n1ente
    Participant

Hi All,

I was playing with Spout from vvvv to resolume and it works great using DX9 rendering in VVVV.
    But DX11 is here from long time and it’s the present, DX9 it’s quite from old times already!
    So I start to create interesting generative visual in vvvv with DX11 but I discover that Spout cannot handle this new standard πŸ™
    We have a great person in vvvv that is the creator of the major part of he DX11 nodes, I could point him here if from Spout side will be the interest to make it working for all the contemporary render engine, Please help us with the present DirectX11 it will be much more Powerful!!!

Giorgio

leadedge
    Keymaster

Yes it is coming Giorgio. Please be patient.

If your expert would like to assist, I would be most pleased for him to look over the code to make sure it is all up to scratch. Maybe he can help further by testing the SDK development with VVVV.

The only email address we have right now is bob@zeal.co, so please let him know that if he would like to make contact.

leadedge
    Keymaster

Hey Giorgio, the time is right to make contact with your VVVV developer.

matkainc
    Participant

something new on the subject?

leadedge
    Keymaster

Spout DirectX11 support is not far away. But to get the VVVV side working properly some developer help would be great.

newemka
    Participant

Hi i’ve just tried to use Spout and get it working with VVVV DX11 texture.
    I’ve added the node “FromSharedTexture (dx11 texture 2d)” in Spout_Receiver.v4p then connect Stallone’s output 1 to its pointer. It’s working.

leadedge
    Keymaster

Just what I was looking for. I am not all that familiar with VVVV. Can you share the modified patch?

newemka
    Participant

here is my Spout_Receiver_DX11.v4p

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kuvp4saqu6cb6jz/Spout_Receiver_DX11.v4p?dl=0

I’m don’t know if it’s the best solution, it seems to work.

leadedge
    Keymaster

Thanks a lot for that I will have a look at it.

Ultimately what we need are specific Spout Out and Spout In nodes for VVVV. Hopefully somebody might be interested in contributing.

n1ente
    Participant

Hi all!

Lucky today I see on vvvv page a user that point me on this discussion that I started times ago and I never come back to see these progress… Thanks!!!

Now let continue πŸ˜‰

the vvvv master user Vux is probably the main developer for all the DX11 implementation.

I’ve speak a night with Vux about spout and vvvv directx11 new node not working anymore,
    but now if leadedge and Vux could collaborate creating a spout in and spoutout node realing a dx11 communication from vvvv to outside and the contrary.. this will be so Great!!

Thanks newemka, your contribution will help Vux to understand and optimize the node I hope πŸ˜‰

Now all vvvv community have to help us pointing Mr Vux here with leadedge and let him understand how much we all will thanks him for his insostituible help.

Thanks Vux “we” know how killer will be, PLEASE let make happen spout vvvv sinergy πŸ™‚
    Thanks all

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by  n1ente. Reason: integration

leadedge
    Keymaster

That’s good news. I realise that this could be quite a job. But before we worry about that, maybe if Vux would like to have a look at what is involved I am keen to help. It is best if he makes contact by email via “bob@zeal.co”.

n1ente
    Participant

Hi leadedge,
    yestarday night Vux skype me about this, and he was so kind to explain that he needs few weeks to finish actual works,
    after that he intend to understand with you how to manage spout in vvvv πŸ™‚

now as he suggest me i’m going to write you email with his mail contacts so you will be able to collaborate on this.

Thanks

leadedge
    Keymaster

That’s good news. I will wait for your email.

Meanwhile I have the DirectX 11 VVVV patch working here now.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.