Spout for Realsense camera

Home Forums Spout Developer Spout for Realsense camera

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  leadedge 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

originaltomato
    Participant

Hello,

I am using the intel realsense camera console sample in c++ that shows different video feeds from the camera. I wan’t to use it to pass-through the IR stream to spoutcam. But when i use the following code:

if (spoutsender == NULL) {

glEnable(GL_DEPTH_TEST);							// enable depth comparisons and update the depth buffer
    			glHint(GL_PERSPECTIVE_CORRECTION_HINT, GL_NICEST);	// Really Nice Perspective Calculations

spoutsender = new SpoutSender;			// Create a Spout sender object
    			bInitialized = false;		        // Spout sender initialization
    			strcpy(sendername, "IR");	// Set the sender name
    		}

if (!bInitialized) {
    			bInitialized = spoutsender->CreateSender(sendername, 640, 480); // Create the sender
    			InitGLtexture(sendertexture, 640, 480);
    		}

i get a warning cannot get gl context

im using win10 and laptop with intel hd 4000. Diagnostics says everything is compatible.

The sender demo app only works when i checkbox the the checkbox in spoutdirectx.exe

Any help is appreciated , thank you for great software!

originaltomato
    Participant

maybe this helps:

WGL_NV_DX_interop: OK
    ——————
    wglDXCloseDeviceNV: OK
    wglDXLockObjectsNV: OK
    wglDXObjectAccessNV: OK
    wglDXOpenDeviceNV: OK
    wglDXRegisterObjectNV: OK
    wglDXSetResourceShareHandleNV: OK
    wglDXUnlockObjectsNV: OK
    wglDXUnregisterObjectNV: OK

WGL_NV_DX_interop2: MISSING

leadedge
    Keymaster

I am not sure of the rest of the code, but the first thing I would check is whether there is an OpenGL context with wglGetCurrentContext() i.e.

if(wglGetCurrentContext() == NULL) {
    // no context
    }

There is an undocumented and untested function in the Spout SDK that should create an invisible OpenGL window and context :

sender->spout.interop.InitOpenGL();
    and on program exit
    sender->spout.interop.CloseOpenGL();

If WGL_NV_DX_interop2 is not supported the DirectX 11 functions will not work, but DX9 should be OK.

originaltomato
    Participant

Hi .. Thank you so much for answering. Yes, you are in the right direction I just managed couple of minutes ago to understand i need a window. I opened one with glut and have context now and I am sending data (read your useful comments in the Spout SDK)

I might try later to upgrade to windowsless mode

now I am stuck with converting data.. but that I will have to solve myself 🙂

I’m not very good with c++ and quite rusty with opengl 🙂

managed to copy the data into a struct sample->ir->AcquireAccess(PXCImage::ACCESS_READ, PXCImage::PIXEL_FORMAT_RGB32, &data);

and trying now something like this: gluBuild2DMipmaps(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 1, 640, 480, GL_RGB, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, data.planes[0]);

I’ll keep you updated .. maybe you can use the info for another sample or something

originaltomato
    Participant

Ok I’m kinda stuck on this one with my knowledge. Does Spout / Opengl use STRIDE in images?

This is my current status.

spout and realsense

Using this code:

PXCImage::ImageData data;
    			const PXCCapture::Sample *sample = pp->QuerySample();
    			// Access to the image data in the RGB32 format.
    			sample->ir->AcquireAccess(PXCImage::ACCESS_READ, PXCImage::PIXEL_FORMAT_RGB24, &data);

if (bInitialized) {
    				// Grab the screen into the local spout texture
    				glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, sendertexture);
    				gluBuild2DMipmaps(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 1, width, height, GL_RGB, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, data.planes[0]);
    				glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0);

// Send the texture out for all receivers to use
    				spoutsender->SendTexture(sendertexture, GL_TEXTURE_2D, width, height);
    			}

leadedge
    Keymaster

Assuming that data.planes[0] has RGB pixels and the total size is width*height*3, you might try :

glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, sendertexture);
    glTexSubImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, 0, 0, width, height, GL_RGB, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, (GLvoid *)data.planes[0]);
    glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0);

But instead of creating a texture, you might also be able to use SendImage if you update to the latest Spout SDK source on GitHub.

spoutsender->SendImage((const unsigned char*)data.planes[0], width, height, GL_RGB, true);

Then the Spout SDK will create a texture internally for you.

“true” is to invert the image if you find it comes out upside down, otherwise leave it out.

I looked at supporting stride but it became too complicated. The Spout SDK uses “glPixelStorei(GL_UNPACK_ALIGNMENT, 1)” to deal with RGB pixels, but there is no provision for padding on each line.

originaltomato
    Participant

Great job! , SendImage works and solves all.. IR is supported not from Realsense to Spout. Its crappy code , but if you want it I can share easily 🙂

leadedge
    Keymaster

A good result then.

One valuable thing you have shown is that Intel HD 4000 works fine as long as it is using DirectX 9 because WGL_NV_DX_interop2 is not supported.

I am sure that your project would be of interest to other people. I am interested in the application and how it develops. Maybe one way is to include it in the next Spout manual which is being finalised now. This could include a link to your website, which might describe the project briefly, where people could email you.

originaltomato
    Participant

Hello I am so sorry I never saw you wrote here. I am open to help. To start with, this is me: vladimirmitrovic.com .. i managed to use kinect2 -> directx raw stream to Spout webcam -> CCV ( http://ccv.nuigroup.com/#home )

of course it would have been even better if I wrote a CCV plugin for receiving a spout stream as well.

im just starting a new project with an intel realsense.. and I might use similar technique

leadedge
    Keymaster

No problems. It’s good to hear of your successful project. People would be keen to see your work I am sure, so thanks for posting your web page link here. With the Kinect being discontinued I think your new project with the RealSense could be very interesting for those using the Kinect and Spout.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.