Spout on ShuttlePC not working

Home Forums Spout Support Spout on ShuttlePC not working

This topic contains 27 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  leadedge 1 week ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

leadedge
    Keymaster

OK thanks – that error is coming from the Spout Demo Receiver when it creates an OpenGL window. Not sure why just yet.

I have an idea that maybe a different receiver might work in step 4 above. Instead of the Spout demo receiver try another one.

..\Spout2\SPOUTSDK\Example\ofSpoutExample\bin\ofSpoutReceiver.exe

You can also try the two other corresponding receivers listed above. Also try these with Resolume Arena instead of the Spout demo receiver. You could also try Avenue 4.5.0.

I think the DirectX 9 part is now fixed, but I don’t know why we are getting this OpenGL problem. The OpenGL window creation in the Spout demo programs is basic boilerplate stuff.

TheYouth
    Participant

I can try todays evening. 🙂

TheYouth
    Participant

The Receiver says: “No Sender detected”. The Demo Sender is listed, but if I select it, nothing is happen….

After Installation of Windows 10 I now get Output from Resolume in the Demo Receiver and the ofSpoutReceiver.

If I try the same way over TCPSpout, Resolume is listed in the Server, Client lists the Server, but the DemoReceiver or the ofSpoutReceiver don´t get the TCPSpout Client….. 🙁

Would it help if I put this thing here online and grant you TeamViewer access so you can try different things by yourself?

leadedge
    Keymaster

This is difficult to isolate because several things have changed, so we need again to narrow it down.

In the previous post, the Demo sender and receiver worked OK together but Resolume output did not produce a sender in the list.

But in the post above, the demo receiver says “no sender detected” even though the demo sender is running.

Then after Windows 10 installation, Resolume Spout output is received OK.

So what about the same simple test of demo sender/receiver? Is this now OK or do you have the same problem “no sender detected”?

If that now works it has to be due to the change to Windows 10, maybe with drivers for Windows 7 / Intel.

So before looking at TCPSpout, are all the various senders and receivers now working OK? If any of them fail, the problem is probably not with TCPSpout. If they all work OK, then we have isolated it to TCPSpout and can investigate that.

We could try a TeamViewer session but I would like to reproduce something here at least if possible. I will look into it a little more first.

leadedge
    Keymaster

I can’t reproduce any of these symptoms. But it is possible there is some difference in timing and registry flush that is causing the current sender name to be returned instead of the selected one.

With this version of TCPSpout I can replace the Spout dll for testing, so here is a folder containing the necessary files :

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7S_Ch4lX2dYZVJ6VGZLd0ZfNEk&usp=sharing

There is a readme file with information.

TheYouth
    Participant

Uninstalled Spout, reinstalled ít (downloaded it new from the Website – and just to be sure to have the latest version), started the Demo Sender and Receiver. It´s working. Closed the Receiver, started TCP Spout Server, it sees the Sender, started TCPSpout Client, it sees the Server, started Spout Receiver and opened Senders List. Only sees the Demo Sender…..

Checked with Resolume as Sender, but it´s exactly the same behaviour as described above.

I have no idea what to do…? 🙁

… oh and Encoder typ doesn´t matter, checked ít with JPG, TurboJPG and PNG.

Sorry screenshot was before replacing the SpoutPanel file. But it´s the same thing….

Spout DX9 Fail

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  TheYouth.

leadedge
    Keymaster

The two things changed from the link above are Spout2.dll and SpoutPanel.exe. You have changed SpoutPanel, but what about Spout2.dll? I guess that you have but it is important to know.

Also just to make it clear, if you have the demo sender running as well as Resolume as sender, are both listed by the receiver and the only one missing is TCPSpout?

If everything else but TCPSpout works fine we can try to trace it within TCPSpout.

The missing sender is not what I had in mind here but the result might give some idea of what is happening.

TheYouth
    Participant

Spout2.dll changed too.

Demo Sender and Resolume as Sender are listed by the receiver. Only missing TCPSpout is correct.

leadedge
    Keymaster

OK. I can set some trace messages to see where it is failing. It is best if you contact me at spout@zeal.co.

javosanc
    Participant

Hi I’m having the same problem as described in this thread. I’m using Resolume Arena 6 and TCPSpout receives the remote source but it doesn’t relay the info to the other spout application (it doesn’t show up as a source). How did you manage to fix it up?

leadedge
    Keymaster

I looked back at email records and it seems that this was never resolved. It is a couple of years back now, so the software has changed somewhat. Have you tried NDI? Resolume will export that protocol directly and receive the source on the other machines on the network.

javosanc
    Participant

Hi, I’m trying to get my iphone cam into Resolume Arena on Windows platform. I tried the JustWifiCam app, which has NDI output and it works fine. I just want to use also the TLRemoteCam to have a couple more options just in case and learn a little bit more about the possibilities of video routing. I guess I’ll ask the TCPSpout developers directly to find out what’s up with this software.

leadedge
    Keymaster

A lot depends on the graphics in the Shuttle PC. If it is limited to integrated Intel graphics, NVIDIA compatible texture sharing will probably not be available and you will need to use memory sharing. TCPSpout might not support that. NDI uses compression, YUV format and optimised code so it is likely faster than sharing uncompressed RGBA images. If you can install a graphics card, choose NVIDIA for texture sharing. There may be other unknown differences, so it would be good if you could borrow one for testing.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.