SpoutReceiver.exe Window->Full screen always goes to main monitor

Home Forums Spout Support SpoutReceiver.exe Window->Full screen always goes to main monitor

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  leadedge 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

nosuchtim
    Participant

When you start DEMO/SpoutReceiver.exe on any display other than your main display, and you select Window->Full screen, it always ends up (at least on my system) going to the main display, not the display on which SpoutReceiver.exe is running.

I’m writing software for which the only output is Spout, intending on it being used with Resolume or Magic, but wanting to use SpoutReceiver.exe for the output when people don’t have either of those programs.

I’d be taking a look at the code to see if I could fix it, but I don’t see where the source code for DEMO/SpoutReceiver.exe is.

…Tim…

• This topic was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  nosuchtim.

leadedge
    Keymaster

That’s interesting. I had never considered two screens.

Fullscreen was a quick job by simply removing caption, menu and borders and the taskbar, then resizing the window. It works OK so I have left well enough alone. Here is the line that sets the window full screen :

SetWindowPos(g_hwnd, HWND_TOP, 0, 0, GetSystemMetrics(SM_CXSCREEN), GetSystemMetrics(SM_CYSCREEN), SWP_SHOWWINDOW);

The window position is always zero, which might explain why it always shows on the first display. From what I have read it is possible to show on the second display by repositioning the window over by one screen width. So maybe this could work :

SetWindowPos(g_hwnd, HWND_TOP, GetSystemMetrics(SM_CXSCREEN), 0, GetSystemMetrics(SM_CXSCREEN), GetSystemMetrics(SM_CYSCREEN), SWP_SHOWWINDOW);

The code for the demo program is not nice and neat. It has grown like topsy and is bloated. I have not cleaned it up because it works reliably and I know what to look for. I also use it for testing. But you are welcome to the source if you contact me. If you find that the method above works, I can add some sort of option to go full screen on the second display.

Otherwise I am wondering whether a simple Openframeworks program might be a better plan to do the job.

Edit: or Processing which seems to have it worked out :

https://processing.org/reference/fullScreen_.html

leadedge
    Keymaster

Just to finalise this, I would like to inform readers that this has been resolved thanks to Tim’s work.

The revised demo receiver will be included in the next Spout release. Meanwhile if anybody needs multiple monitor support please contact via email on the home page.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.