Winamp Milkdrop plugin with Spout output

Home Forums Spout Announcements Winamp Milkdrop plugin with Spout output

This topic contains 80 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  leadedge 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 76 through 81 (of 81 total)
  • Author

leadedge
    Keymaster

It’s good that this works for you. I might leave that workaround in there in that case. I find the Milkdrop code difficult to decipher, so I am not keen on doing any work on it. That Resolume flash interface is a powerful feature. If you end up with something to showcase then post it on this forum.

Seven
    Participant

I will certainly post anything worth showing.

When and if you have the time, could you do me a huge favor and take a look at this Milkdrop midi controller ‘software’ to see if it could (easily) be reworked for a different controller? It’s what I was wanting to pay you to code for Milkdrop, but apparently someone has finally done it. If it would be too complicated to rework I’ll just buy the same controller.
    http://vjunion.net/t/mdvj-v0-0-2-milkdrop-vj-midi-controller/588

leadedge
    Keymaster

OK no problems. I had a look at it. The link in the VJ union post seems wrong. I found it here :

https://github.com/pussinboot/mdvj/tree/master/mdvj

I don’t think I could work on this. would need to have a controller and get it running to do anything with it and I am not all that familiar with Python. Anyway it seems to be made for a general purpose midi controller but with advanced features for the “Twitch”, so maybe if you already have a controller you could try it.

A comment in the code :

hint = “””usage: mdvj -c / -d / -h
    use flag -c if you do not have a twitch controller

Seven
    Participant

Thank you for taking the time to look into it, and for pointing me in the right direction Leadedge.
    I’ve been doing simple scripting for years and I’m sure I can sort through the mdvj midi controller code to either completely redo Twitch’s sysex code with my own controllers or just buy my own Twitch (I do love new gear :))
    I’ll return sometime in the near future with something visual to show. I’ve actually created some very interesting
    MD presets in the last couple of months that will leave people wanting more. See you later.

Freebird
    Participant

Hi Leadedge, amazing to see this thread and the work you have done! Is your file with the Milkdrop/Resolume solution still somewhere to download? The two links to your dropbox/gdrive dont work anymore. It would be highly appreciated.
    Thanks a lot!

leadedge
    Keymaster

The modified milkdrop dll “vis_milk2.dll” is part of the Spout installation. After installation it will be in : C:\Program Files (x86)\Spout2\PROGRAMS\MILKDROP

The readme file gives you the information you need. Then in Resolume you will find “WinampSpoutSender” in the list of Spout servers.

It still works very well.

Viewing 6 posts - 76 through 81 (of 81 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.