Receiving in a compressed texture

Home Forums Spout Developer Receiving in a compressed texture

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Julien
    Participant

Hello,

I am using Spout to receive textures in a Java app, I use JNISpout.receiveTexture().

It’s working well.

Now I want to retrieve the texture in a compressed texture.

I do

glTexImage2D(GL.GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL.GL_COMPRESSED_RGBA_S3TC_DXT5_EXT", ..)

instead of

.glTexImage2D(GL.GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL.GL_RGBA8, ..)

Before calling JNISpout.receiveTexture()

I now get the following error in the console : “GL_FRAMEBUFFER_INCOMPLETE_ATTACHMENT_EXT”

This error happens when calling JNISpout.receiveTexture(). I tried commenting JNISpout.receiveTexture() and the error is not there anymore.

Any idea if what I want to achieve is possible?

I need a way to retrieve the Spout shared texture in a compressed opengl texture.

Thanks

Julien
    Participant

The code is actually working, but I would like to get rid of this message if possible.

I spoke too fast, my textures are empty.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Julien.
    Julien
    Participant

I managed to get this working by calling “receiveTexture” with a “normal” texture and then use glCopyTexImage2D to copy to a compressed texture.

Compression takes a lot of time, 300ms or so, so it’s not usable for my use case.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Julien.
    leadedge
    Keymaster

DirectX texture types compatible with the NVIDIA interop extension are limited. The only ones that work in all cases are D3DFMT_A8R8G8B8 for DirectX 9 DXGI_FORMAT_B8G8R8A8_UNORM for DirectX 11 which are then compatible with OpenGL RGBA. Compressed textures are not supported.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.