Wpf and Spout

Home Forums Spout Developer Wpf and Spout

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    david
    Participant

Thanks once more.

I tweaked the code and am writing to shared memory directly from the cinder and displaying the image in other applications. Spout carries the final content when shared memory carries other data (previews mainly). Great job guys!

leadedge
    Keymaster

Sounds excellent. It would be great if you could share some images or video of your project.

david
    Participant

Will do. I will record a video and add a few words to it too.

At the moment there is a larger project in progress and the schedule is rocky, so I’ll post it when this thing ends.

Thanks

leadedge
    Keymaster

Thanks David,

best wishes with your project and I look forward to seeing your achievements.

Any more questions do not hesitate to ask and I will help as best I can.

patpom256
    Participant

Hi guys.

I know it’s been a while, but I try to do the same as David, using Spout in a WPF project.

I Check a lot the other example mentioned in this discussion and was able to do a DLL wrapper for spout and access to Spout functions in WPF. Up to now I got Sender info like image size and sender name. But since Spout is OpenGL based, I try to use SharpGL, the WPF wrapper for OpenGL. But both don’t seem to be compatible. CreateReceiver Crash if I load SharpGL before, and sharpGL does’t work if I use SPout before….

I an utopia, if I could get SPout texture and feed it like a material to a “GeometryModel3D” object in WPF, the life should be so easier. But I guess OpenGL and DirectX can’t work together.

So I don’t know if David finally share his solution, but I’m stuck here and I can’t go further without help. Incorporate Spout is the last necessary step of my ambitious project.

Thanks a Lot in advance.

leadedge
    Keymaster

Spout has a shared DirectX texture that you can access directly. That might work. You have to set up your own device and texture of the correct size, but WPF might do that already.

bool spoutGLDXinterop::ReadTexture(ID3D11Texture2D** texture)

Examine the code for more detail.

patpom256
    Participant

Thanks for the cue, I will look into this direction.

I will update when I got some progress.

Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.